Zoom Meetings vs Zoom Webinars
How do I get started with Zoom?
What is the difference between a Zoom meeting vs a Zoom webinar?
- A standard Zoom meeting is fully interactive and allows all participants the ability to see, speak, hear, and screen-share with each other.
- A webinar has registration, reporting and in-meeting chat for attendees.
- Zoom Meeting can have 300 attendees
- Zoom Webinar can have 500 attendees
What is the difference between Schedule a Meeting, Join a Meeting, Host a Meeting?
- Schedule a Meeting will allow you to schedule a set date, time and meeting ID for your meeting.
- Join a Meeting will allow you to join a Zoom meeting to which you have an invite or meeting ID.
- Host a Meeting allows you to start a meeting on the fly with or without video or screen share only.
- Host a Meeting utilizes your Zoom account’s personal meeting ID. The personal meeting ID can be edited under the Profile section in your account.
- Host a Meeting is best utilized for meetings that are not planned in advance.
See steps to host a meeting. (use Minnstate.zoom.us)