Anoka Technical College remains committed to the following priorities:
- Safeguarding the health, safety, and welfare of the faculty, staff, and students.
- Enabling students to complete the spring semester, and progressing towards their educational goals.
For more information regarding Covid-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website by clicking here, or the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) by clicking here.
Training will be provided to assist teleworkers with utilizing technology resources. For the training schedule, click here.
For a list of official communications from Anoka Technical College and Minnstate, click here.
Please contact IT.Helpdesk@anokatech.edu with questions.
Anoka Technical College uses Star Alert to send emails, text messages and phone calls during campus-related emergencies, including weather-related delays and closures.
Contact data like your school email address, primary/home phone and cell phones will be automatically enrolled in Star Alerts. If there are no changes to how you are contacted, there is nothing you need to do; however, you can always update your contact information or how you receive messages.
Click here for Star Alert FAQs
Current Students and Staff: follow the steps below to add or change contact information:
- Click “Sign Me Up” if this is your first time accessing this site.
- Hint: You can use your email address – firstname.lastname@example.org as your login address.
- Once logged in, enter your StarID when asked for an identification code.
- During the setup process, the identification code is referred to the Student ID or Employee ID.
- Use your Office 365 username (StarID@minnstate.edu (employee) or StarID@go.minnstate.edu (student)), for the email address.
- Hint: You can also use your phone number on record instead of your O365 username.
- Once you have associated your log in with the information imported, you can update how you are contacted.
Parents, friends of the college(s) and members of the greater community: use the GUEST PORTAL to sign up for Star Alert messages from Anoka Technical College.
Please contact IT.Helpdesk@anokatech.edu with questions.
Anoka Technical College is revamping the way Star Alert (college emergency and weather-related messaging notification system) registrations occur. We are moving from an Opt-In (self-registration) to an Opt-Out (auto-registration) process.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be purging current registrations by October 7, 2019 and auto-registering current students, faculty and staff into the Star Alert system.
If you are external to ATC (parent of a student, contract employee, etc.), you will need to re-register into the Star Alert portal on or after October 7, 2019.
Instructions to re-register will be provided Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
of Information Technology (OIT) is pleased to share the following reminders for
the Migration Weekend, beginning 6:00 PM, Friday, June 14.
preparation for the migration weekend, please do the following:
- Make backups of any Outlook personalization, like Signatures and Rules
- Export personal contact lists or users
- If you the owner of a shared account, please backup your files and/or settings
**For more information, review the Outlook Pre-Migration Tasks**
**Note: Calendar items updated on Friday, June 14 may not be copied. Please limit CALENDAR changes or keep separate notes for Friday.**
If you work
with students during the summer or teach courses, please remind your students:
- D2L, eServices, and installed version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) are available
- Online versions of Microsoft Office will not be available
- Email to/from college-provided accounts (@anokatech.edu, @my.anokatech.edu) will not be delivered/sent until the migration is complete
more information, review the Pre-Migration
Outlook and other Microsoft-related sites/applications will use STARID@MINNSTATE.EDU (staff/faculty) or STARID@GO.MINNSTATE.EDU (students)
beginning Monday, June 17.
Desk team members will update employee’s Outlook client beginning Monday, June
17. In the meantime, you can access your email via WebMail (https://login.microsoft.com) or via the
EMAIL drop-down option from the college homepage.
more information, review the Post-Migration
Please contact the Service Desk if you have any questions
regarding any information provided for the Office 365 Migration project.
preparation for the Office 365 transition, documents within OneDrive,
SharePoint and Teams will be migrated to the new shared tenant. Your
current OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams files will be copied to the new tenant
which will require a FREEZE, beginning 6:00 PM, Friday, June 7, 2019.
made to OneDrive, SharePoint, and/or Teams saved documents during this
window will NOT be automatically copied to the new tenant.
continue to access documents in OneDrive; however, if you need to edit or
create new documents during the migration window, please copy/save the files to
your desktop, removable drive, or network drive (like H:, N:, S:, etc.).
Your new and updated files can be copied back to OneDrive after the
migration is complete (6:00 AM, Monday, June 17, 2019). Documents
currently in any shared drive (H:, N:, S:) will not be affected by the
OneDrive, SharePoint or Teams FREEZE.
- Teams conversations will not be migrated to the new tenant; Channels, Files, and Membership will be copied.
- Intranet content owners – Changes to the Intranet site will not be copied to the new tenant during the freeze window. Apply changes before 6:00 PM, Friday, June 7 or after 6:00 AM, Monday, June 17.
For more information, check out the OneDrive FAQ and other How-To Guides.
Please contact the Service Desk if you have any questions regarding the FREEZE or Office 365 Migration project.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is pleased to
share the following information regarding email accounts and the Office 365
Shared Tenant (migration will begin Friday, June 14 at 6:00 PM).
On Monday, June 17, 2019, you will continue to use your current email address; however, you will also be assigned a new secondary email address based on the MinnState email rules. Both addresses will route to the same mailbox:
| Employees ||Students|
|You will keep your current email address: |
| You will keep your current email address: |
| Your new secondary email address will be:|
|Your new secondary email address will be: |
*If there are multiple people with the same name, you will have a dot and number after your name.
Your default email address will be your current email address.
Employees will NOT have to change business cards or other signature pages to reflect the new email address.
You will keep the same email address for the entirety of your employment and/or enrollment with Anoka Technical College.
Click here for more detailed instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: StarID and password will remain the same.
This change does not affect computer logins or applications other than Office 365.
Stay tuned for more information and
details. Don’t forget to check out ATC
Tech News for updates!
Anoka Technical College is migrating the college-based
Office 365 (O365) system to the Minnesota State O365 system, June 15 – 16,
2019. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will share additional
details regarding the migration via email and website, ATC Tech News.
The shared system model will create a consistent experience
across MinnState institutions for all students, faculty, and staff. Once
the migration is complete, you will use one account to access Office 365
applications and resources.
- Your current campus email address will continue to work and will be used to send campus-related information and news
- You will be able to continue to forward (or push) your campus email address to a personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
- You will receive a new sign-on address which can be used to link to shared resources (SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.) and log into Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) across any MinnState college or university
Stay tuned for more information and details. Don’t
forget to check out ATC Tech News for